HULL CELL TEST APRATUS
Hull cell test
The Hull Cell is a miniature plating unit designed to produce cathode deposits on a panel that correlates the characteristics of the plating unit being evaluated. Interpretation of the "as plated" cathode panel give rapid information about brightness levels, irregular plate deposits, uniformity of deposits, coverage, throwing power, impurities, and plating bath chemistry.
A hull cell test kit consist of following.
- Hull Cell pot - The most commonly used size is the 267 ml. Hull Cells are available in pp, acrylic, pvc. It is available with air agitation coil with or without agitation coil and heating system.
- A rectifier (D.C. power source) with variable controls for amperage from 0-10 amps, 0-10 volts. This power source should have less than 5% ripple. It is available with blind or digital timer.
- Air Agitation-it is mini air agitation system Specially designed for introducing air into the miniature plating unit for air agitation operations.
- Heater and temperature controller if required.
- Hull Cell Cathode Panels-two most widely used are zinc plated steel and thin plastic protected brass panels. Dimensions: 10cm x 6.5 cm
- Hull Cell Anode as the same as is in the plating unit or as recommended by the chemical supplier. Example: zinc anode for zinc plating bath.